Local Heroes is looking for a catering employee (ZWK) in Utrecht for 4 days, 4.5 hours per day (Monday to Thursday) from 09:00 until 13:00/13:30 (Utrecht City Center). Are you known for being helpful and hospitable? Are you a true culinary hero? Do you want to be active for a few hours every Monday to Thursday? And are you looking to join an energetic international company, where you are the hero of the lunch break?
What will you be doing? As a catering employee/independent working chef at Local Heroes, you will be working from Monday to Thursday in an international team with 3 to 4 direct colleagues, catering to a team of 80 to 120 employees. Your day will start at 09:00/09:30 AM and end around 13:00/13:30 PM. You will have plenty of time to make the most of every day and even take on some other shifts if you want.
You have the experience and creativity to come up with soups, pastas, curries, fried rice dishes, and varieties of salads. Vegan food is also part of your capabilities. You are able to surprise without “overdoing it,” meaning catering to the different flavors and preferences of all 120 team members in every lunch break. You will gain energy from seeing the happy faces of people who enjoy the delicious salads, soups, and sandwiches that you prepare and present in a classy manner. You are the star of every lunch break, making sure that the office lunch is a worry-free experience. After lunch, you will be able to enjoy the rest of your day.
To do all of the above, you will mainly be involved in:
- Preparing lunch, including cutting vegetables, preparing salads, warming up soups and adding fresh ingredients, and preparing warm dishes
- Preparing next week’s menu
- Keeping the pantry and lunch area clean at all times, all by following the HACCP guidelines
What we offer:
- A gross salary of €18,50 (including benefits) and a pension plan. Self-employed individuals (ZZP) can apply with an hourly rate.
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Free afternoons; usually working from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Stability, working from Monday to Thursday with a long-term contract.
- Employment with a fast-growing, medium-sized company where you will become a real part of the team
- A pleasant working environment with a lot of freedom, allowing you to work independently and make culinary choices and decisions.
Who are you?
- You can work independently and as part of a team.
- You are presentable and have well-maintained personal hygiene.
- Some catering/kitchen experience is required.
- You enjoy working in the kitchen.
- You like to chat with colleagues in a friendly manner at the location.
- You are proactive, motivated, and enthusiastic.
- You have an HACCP certificate or are willing to obtain one.
Are you interested in applying for the role of catering employee? Great! Fill in your details on our website, and we will contact you as soon as possible for an introduction.